Endurance Coach

Endurance Coach

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Swimming stories

Spent the morning (and last evening and tomorrow morning) at a kids swim meet.  Youth swimming is booming in Illinois!  Nice to see.  All sorts of kids who have a team to be a part of and a coach who cares.  Each kid has their race to race - no-one is left out.  And, with the truly frightening childhood obesity epidemic, it is nice to see several hundred kids racing their hearts out on a snowy winter day.
Then, inspired by the kids, I dove into a pool for the first time in 2.5 weeks.  Lots of coughing, but it felt good to swim.  I am a late blooming swimmer - no swim teams in my childhood town.  I'm trying to make up for that lost experience.  I'm getting better, but I still have potential.  It is nice to still have potential.

No comments: